Home » Tips for New Dancers
We often get a lot of questions from new dancers about what to wear and if they can come along without any dance experience etc. If you are new to swing dancing these tips might help you feel more comfortable coming along to our classes:
- Ask as many questions as you need to. We are here to help and no question is too obvious – we promise!
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in. You don’t need to wear gym clothes but you also don’t need to be too formal. Things might get a bit sweaty!
- On that note, please wear deodorant. It will make you and others around you much more comfortable.
- Shoes are a big concern for some people. Most of us wear canvas shoes and if they are too sticky then we slap some duct tape on the soles! Just wear a pair of comfy shoes that aren’t too slippery. It’s usually best to wear flat soled shoes while you are learning.
- It’s easy to forget that every dancer was a beginner once (even the teachers)…
- Bring a water bottle, deodorant, gum or breath mints and your enthusiasm!